Sunday 22 May 2016

Shakespeare Sunday - Something Wicked This Way Comes...

Another coup for Shakespeare Vs Cthulhu was getting renowned Black Library scribe Graham McNeill to pen a tale for the anthology. Having been a fan of his work for a long time, and knowing that he has written a trilogy of Lovecraftian novels, I also knew that he would be a perfect fit. And when this Scottish author said that he would like to take his inspiration from a certain Scottish play, I knew we were on to a winner.
Don’t listen to this.
Seriously, don’t.
I’m not joking, put down the damn phone or whatever the hell it is you’re listening to me on, and do yourself a favour by smashing it with the first heavy object you can find. Or if you’re somehow reading this, burn it. Find some matches and light it up. Please.
I know, I know, why bother recording this if I’m just going to tell you to smash it up, right? Well, if you know who I am, then you’ll know I’m an actor; a narcissistic, egomaniacal prick of an actor. If you don’t know me, then for God’s sake go and see a play sometime.
Still here? Have it your way then. Let me introduce myself. My name is Mackenzie Baladan, and if you’re going to stick around to listen to my last words, then I damn well want you to pay attention to what I’m going to say. So what if I ended the world? What actor could ask for a greater curtain call than that?
Hailing from Scotland, Graham McNeill worked for over six years as a Games Developer in Games Workshop’s Design Studio before taking the plunge to become a full-time writer. Graham’s written thirty SF and Fantasy novels and comics, as well as a number of side projects that keep him busy and (mostly) out of trouble. His Horus Heresy novel, A Thousand Sons, was a New York Times bestseller and his Time of Legends novel, Empire, won the 2010 David Gemmell Legend Award. Graham lives and works in Los Angeles for Riot Games, and you can keep up to date with where he’ll be and what he’s working on by visiting his website:www.grahammcneill.com
Award-winning and New York Times best-selling author Graham McNeill
Award-winning and New York Times best-selling author Graham McNeill

No comments: