Friday 9 December 2016

Gamebook Friday: Freeway Fighter - The Comic!

Fans of Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks may well already know, but coming from Titan Comics in Spring 2017 is FREEWAY FIGHTER, a comic book based the Ian Livingstone-penned Mad Max-esque post-apocalyptic road-trip of a gamebook of the same name, written by Andi Ewington, with pencils and inks by Simon Coleby, colours by Len O'Grady, and letters by Jim Campbell.


Some FF fans may also have already been aware that such a project was in the offing, thanks to being members of the Facebook group or even because they read about it in YOU ARE THE HERO - A History of Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks.

However, not many people know that I am actually the editor on the project, and it is a project that I am very proud to be a part of. There are many comic book creators I would love to work with, one day, and Simon, Len and Jim were three of them. In fact, thinking that I may never get a better chance to work with Simon, I commissioned him to produce the cover art for SHARKPUNK. And yet here I am, only eighteen months later, and I've worked with him again.

Although I dotted a few 'i's and crossed a few 't's here and there, FREEWAY FIGHTER the comic is really Andi Ewington's baby, and I thank him wholeheartedly for inviting me to join this project. A huge thank you must also go to Matt Mastracci, who has financed the project, and what makes him involvement all the more special to me is that he came on board after reading this passage in YOU ARE THE HERO!


If you have yet to, I would urge you to join the Ian Livingstone's Freeway Fighter: The Comic Facebook group, and check out more about yesterday's breaking news item here and here.



No comments: