Saturday 25 February 2017

Sharkpunk Saturday: SHARKPUNK 2 Kickstarter cancelled

Unfortunately, I have had to pull the plug on the SHARKPUNK 2 Kickstarter. Despite the months of hard work, from the 26 contributing authors and myself, including some financial outlay, in four weeks the Kickstarter has only attracted 31 backers and not even raised 10% of its funding target.


I don't know what it was about the project but it just didn't gain any traction, despite the host of awesome authors involved. And although some of the support I was hoping for never actually materialised, I thought we had a great concept and some fantastic stories to share with the world.

So it was with a heavy heart that I pulled the plug today, but it needed to be done as 'Cancelled' looks better than 'Unsuccessful' on Kickstarter, and I have other projects I would like to crowdfund in the future.

But where does this leave SHARKPUNK 2? To be honest, right now, I don't know. I am considering re-running the Kickstarter later in the year, with slightly adjusted reward levels, and someone has suggested doing the anthology as an eBook through Amazon, but the fact of the matter is that I can't pay the contributing authors for their work without raising the money upfront via crowdfunding.

If you have any feedback regarding why you think the Kickstarter failed then do please comment on this post, whether you backed the project yourself or not, but please bear in mind that I ran a Kickstarter for the Shakespeare Vs Cthulhu anthology last year, which was a success.

So until next time...


No comments: