Friday 3 May 2019

Gamebook Friday: 'TWAS the Kickstarter Update before the UK Games Expo

Which is a convoluted way of saying that I have news about 'TWAS - The Krampus Night Before Christmas, Kickstarter, and the UK Games Expo.

To begin at the end, just four weeks from today I will be at the UK Games Expo. I'll actually be there for the whole weekend, so if you're around do stop by Stand 2-640 and say hello. You won't be able to miss me, because my table will have a huge map of Neverland on it.

And now to jump back to the beginning, this week I sent the play-test version of 'TWAS - The Krampus Night Before Christmas to those Kickstarter backers who pledged at the Stuffed Stocking and Secret Santa reward levels, which means I'm on track to get the finished book to the publisher by the end of the month, so that it can be out in time for Christmas.


And talking of Kickstrater projects, the crowdfunding platform was 10 years old this week. I didn't launch in the UK until October 2012, and I crowdfunded my first project in December 2012. Since then I have launched a total of 10 Kickstarter projects and 8 of them have funded.

But I find myself in a strange situation at the moment. With all the physical rewards for NEVERLAND - Here Be Monsters! sent to backers*, and the eBook due to go out soon, and with Beowulf Beastslayer and 'TWAS - The Krampus Night Before Christmas in the hands of others, at the moment, for the first time in a long time, I don't actually know what my next Kickstarter project is going to be, or when I'm going to launch it.

I have plenty of ideas for potential projects, it's just a case of making a decision with what to go with next. I could go with one of two different ACE Gamebooks, or a new non-fiction project, any of which I would probably launch in October. However, there is also a potential role-playing game, which I could even see myself launching in time for the UK Games Expo.

So, if you were me, which one would you go with next?



* If you've had a chance to read it, please do post a brief review here.

No comments: