Wednesday 29 February 2012

An Extra Day

So today is 29 February, or Leap Day as it is also known, that extra day we get once every four years. It is on this day that women can propose to men, it is considered unlucky by many superstitious individuals, and it's also St Oswald's Day.

But what are you going to do with your extra day? Seeing as how I'm already married and not superstitious, and I won't be observing the feast of St Oswald, I'm going to fill my time in other ways.

First up, I'm preparing for a school visit I'm making tomorrow for World Book Day. I've also got some final tweaks to make to my Warhammer 40K gamebook Herald of Oblivion. Then there are the artist interviews I need to get started on for Artists' Month on this very blog. And that's before I write a pitch for a new Warhammer short story or get cracking on my next big writing project.

So, how are you going to be filling your time?

3 comments:

Ashton said...

February 29! I didn't even think of that. Special day for a special occasion.

I will be spending today celebrating my own special occasion. This is the last day of my day job. My contract is ending and I will be moving to writing full time (at least for a few months.)

Lift a drink for me, if you get a chance ;)

Jonathan Green said...

Will do!

So what are you going to be writing?

Good luck and chin chin!

Ashton said...

I've got way more projects on the burner than is really good for me. I'm working on my most awesome gamebook yet, which I have good reason to believe will see the light of day. That's the main project. I'm also putting together ideas for a novel for the Angry Robot Open Door Novel Submissions http://angryrobotbooks.com/opendoor. On top of that, a smaller gamebook in the interstices for the 2012 Windhammer competition. I've also got my blog of course, with the Lone Wolf Let's Play (which is mostly just for fun) and various reviews and theory posts.

I feel a little schizophrenic at times, but this post on Neil Gaiman's tumblr account, http://neil-gaiman.tumblr.com/post/18412213282/im-just-now-getting-truly-serious-about-my, gives me hope.

Thanks for the good cheer! *goes off to mumble in the corner and type furiously*