Saturday 25 February 2012

Mission: Games Workshop - Newbury (a.k.a. Happy Birthday Warhammer 40K)


Okay, so in case you didn't know, today marked the official 25th birthday of the SF tabletop wargame Warhammer 40,000.

I happened to be in Newbury today and stopped by with my own Noise Marines-in-the-making at the GW store there. We were given a very warm welcome by Quinn the Store Manager and soon got to talking about all things Black Library.







Quinn, as it turns out, is a huge Black Library fan and was asking me for recommendations from among the current range of titles available. We also got to discussing eBooks and how the advent of digital publishing has made out of print titles available again. I also teased him with snippets of info concerning my new 40K gamebook Herald of Oblivion (which is into the final tweaks stage).

So I'd just like to thank Quinn again for making the Adeptus Viridis so welcome and, if the Newbury store is your local GW store, then keep an eye out for news about something that might be happening there some time in the summer...


No comments: