Saturday 10 March 2012

A Monster in Paris

I went to see A Monster in Paris last weekend with the kids without any preconceptions whatsoever. We weren't even thirty minutes into the film when I found myself thinking, "How steampunk is this?!?" And things only went downhill from there on in.

SPOILER ALERT!

SPOILER ALERT!

SPOILER ALERT!

You see there's a monster (a seven foot flea), mad science, an airship, the Eiffel Tower and the whole adventure takes place in Paris.

"But why's that a bad thing?" I hear you ask.

Well, coming soon from Abaddon Books is Part 2 of my latest Ulysses Quicksilver adventure Time's Arrow (with this part being subtitled Black Swan). Now in my story there's a monster (an eight foot steam-powered gorilla), mad science, the whole adventure takes place in Paris and in Part 3... Anyway, you get my drift.

The one thing I can promise you is that there won't be any song and dance routines or Vanessa Paradis in a starring role (more's the pity).


Pax Britannia: Time's Arrow Part 2 (a.k.a. BlackSwan) will be out soon for the eReader of your choice.

No comments: