Tuesday 4 November 2014

Why I'm embracing NaNoWriMo again

As Chris Baty says on NaNoWriMo's very own blog, “Don’t be offended if you encounter some good-natured ribbing; the idea of writing a novel in a month deserves to be laughed at.”

I'm not sure I'm entirely down with with idea of NaNoWriMo these days. Writing a 50,000 novel (or should that be novella?) in a month is rather ridiculous, and, if achieved, should really just be the beginning of the process. How long will finishing it take? And what about rewriting? And how about submitting it to an agent or editor?

That said, this year I am embracing NaNoWriMo again. The reason? I'm juggling so many writing projects at the moment that I need something to help me order them all and make sure that daily progress is being made in all areas.

So, I shall be updating my NaNoWriMo project page on a daily basis, and I'll let you know how I get on at the end of the month.

Wish me luck!

No comments: