Friday 4 January 2019

Gamebook Friday: Gamebook Goals

As it's a New Year*, I thought it timely to review my gamebook goals for the year ahead.

First of all, I intend to continue to grow and develop my ACE Gamebooks series. With that goal in mind, I have launched a Kickstarter to fund production of the fifth title in the series, 'TWAS - The Krampus Night Before Christmas. As of writing, the Kickstarter is already 54% funded after three days, and there are four play-testers slots still available.


I'm also busy giving NEVERLAND - Here Be Monsters! a final proofread, and editing Beowulf Beastslayer. There are more foreign language editions of Alice's Nightmare in Wonderland in the works, and at least one foreign language edition of The Wicked Wizard of Oz on the way. I have more ACE Gamebooks planned after 'TWASbut one gamebook project** at a time is quite enough.


I now have eight hardbacks of YOU ARE THE HERO Part 2 left to sell, two having been snapped up already, so if you didn't get one for Christmas, or you have some Christmas money burning a hole in your pocket, you know what to do.

I received a lovely Christmas box from my German publisher Mantikore-Verlag, containing chocolates, cakes, apple gin, Alice in Düsterland prosecco, and a signed gamebook by superstar German author Jens Schumacher, whom I had the pleasure of meeting at the Frankfurt Book Fair last year.


Of course, the one piece of interactive fiction that everyone is talking about at the moment is Charlie Brooker's Bandersnatch, but I'm afraid I can't comment on it as I haven't seen it yet. Too busy writing my own gamebooks, you see?

And before I forget, you can read an interview with me here, at the Legacy of Kreya.



* 2019 already?!?

** Or rather three!

No comments: