Tuesday 12 April 2011

J is for JonathanGreenAuthor.com

It may seem like a no-brainer, but it took me a while to realise that the best name for your website is one that has your name in it.

When I first gave up teaching to write properly again after a break of eleven years* I realised that I needed to do all I could to prompt myself online and so I set up my first blog, Unnatural History. I thought I was being very clever, as it referenced the title of my first Pax Britannia novel and effectively acted a statement of intent. But of course it made it hard for people to find on Google if they were searching for me by name.

So, in time, was born the Jonathan Green, Author blog and eventually I stumped up the cash to buy the web address JonathanGreenAuthor.com.

And has it made any real difference? It's hard to tell, but I like to think that JonathanGreenAuthor.com has begun to reach a wider audience and now stands as a new, professional, statement of intent.



* I also wrote and was published during that time, but it was a paying hobby rather than a full-time job.

1 comment:

Spamkiller said...

Shameless plug alert! ;)