Tuesday 26 April 2011

V is for Vlogging

Vlogging (or Video Blogging) is effectively the latest stage in the evolution of that diary you filled in religiously - for about four days - when you were eight years old.

It's a practice that I've taken up to help promote myself on line, keeping people updated about what I'm working on, whether they like it or not. It's not something I do too frequently (there is such a thing as over exposure, you know) but when I have something new to say or a glut of releases coming out together (as happens sometimes when you're working up to a year in advance on some projects) then I fire up the old web cam and record my thoughts, such as they are, for all to share.

I first became properly aware of Vlogging via David Moore of Abaddon/Solaris Books. He used to vlog about once a week, then fortnightly, but in the best tradition of diary writers everywhere, I don't think he'd produced one for about six months (but then he'd probably say he's been busy).

Anyway, here's one of David vlog's.



And, in case you haven't seen them, here are some links to the vlogs I've recorded to date.

Vlog #1 - Latest Pax Britannia Releases (I was finding my feet with this one)
Vlog #4 - The SFX Weekender 2 (I like this one)
Vlog #5 - Ask Me Anything (this one actually comes in three parts)
Vlog #6 - Genre For Japan

Looking at that list, I think it's about time I posted another one soon, lest I fall into the trap of diary upkeep failure as well. Now, if only I could tell you about [CENSORED] or [CENSORED BY THE INQUISITION]. Ho hum. Another time then...

1 comment:

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I will never do a vlog. I don't come across as well in person and especially on camera as I do in writing. I don't do speaking gigs anymore for the same reason. But a good tool for those who do.