Wednesday 29 June 2011

Mission: Games Workshop - Oxford

So, I found myself in Oxford yesterday (to meet up with the guys from Abaddon/Solaris as well as the guys from SFX magazine) and, as is my wont, popped into the GW store there to say "Hi!" and generally introduce myself.

Manager Robert MacTaggart and key-timer Marcus made me feel welcome and it was great to be able to tell them that I had a brand new Warhammer story out in the latest issue of Hammer & Bolter (which can also read about here).


It was whilst talking to Rob about the new Storm of Magic expansion that I made a throw away comment about the sort of campaigns we could expect see being run in store in future, and then realised that I'd effectively just pitched a great idea for another new Warhammer story. All I have to do now is write it up for my commissioning editor and see what happens. Of course, if I do manage to sell the idea, I'll let you know in a future post.

So thanks again to Rob and Marcus, and I hope to be able to drop by the Oxford store again some time in the not-too-distant future.

Oh, and before I go, if you're in Oxford yourself, you should check out the modified Giants they've got on display at the store along with the pottery Necrons - including a Necron Tomb Stalker. And while we're on the subject of Necrons, if you have a thing for soulless robotic killing machines then you should check out my short story But Dust in the Wind which appears in Victories of the Space Marines.

No comments: