Friday 21 September 2012

Gamebook Friday: A Mystery Package From Across the Sea

So, this arrived in the post yesterday...


I know what you're thinking: "What the hell's that?" Well that was my reaction too. So let's find out, shall we?

The label said 'Grande Bretagne' so I immediately knew it must have come from Wales... Only kidding! Obviously the parcel (or rather post bag) was from France.

Opening it up I found this inside...


And like a game of pass the parcel, I eventually got (down) to this!


That's right, the day after International Talk Like a Pirate Day, my author copies of the French edition of Bloodbones turned up from Gallimard Jeunesse..


Le Pirate de l’Au-delà (as Bloodbones is called in French) is a very fine edition of the book and the third to date. It's printed on good quality paper and has a strong card cover. The font they're chosen to go with internally gives it a very pleasing appearance and one touch that I like is that each picture has a brief description beneath along with the paragraph number it's linked to.


Bloodbones featured a few maps with text on them and these have been adjusted for French language speakers in Le Pirate de l’Au-delà, including my own map of the Port of Crabs.



If you would like to get your hands on a copy of Le Pirate de l’Au-delà, simply follow this link.

1 comment:

Tony Hough said...

Looks pretty good! Haven't been sent any copies myself yet though (or royalties for that matter...)