Wednesday 12 September 2012

Warhammer Wednesday: Mission GW - Lincoln

In case you've been hiding under a rock for the last week or so (or alternatively you're still recovering from the Dead Dog party and don't know what day of the week it is), you'll know that this past weekend I was in Lincoln for Weekend at the Asylum, the largest steampunk gathering in Europe.

While I was in Lincoln I indulged another habit of mine, that of visiting the local Games Workshop store when I'm in town. When I visited last year, James Monk was manager but he's now at the Bromley store so I was welcomed by new manager Brian Purchase.

It turns out that Brian's rather a fast painter - all the miniatures in the Dark Vengeance boxed set over two evenings after work - and proudly showed off the labours of his efforts. I love the new Helbrute figure, and it's surely only a matter of time before one of these appears in one of my stories somewhere.

Thanks, Brian, for the warm welcome, and see you again next year. (Probably.)

 The Crimson Slaughter attack

 The Helbrute

No comments: