Friday 9 January 2015

Gamebook Friday: All I wanted for Christmas was... YOU ARE THE HERO!

So Black Friday has been and gone, Christmas has been and gone, the New Year sales are as good as over, and still no one has bought you a copy of the critically-acclaimed* YOU ARE THE HERO - A History of Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks. What's a gamebook fan to do?

Simple answer is drop me a line at info@jonathangreenauthor.com and I'll sort you out with one of the few remaining hardback copies of YOU ARE THE HERO, and I'll even sign it for you. Now I can't say fairer than that, can I?

The hardback and the softback editions of YOU ARE THE HERO side by side.

The books cost £40.00 each, which includes post and packing within the UK. (Overseas readers will need to pay a little bit more to acquire their signed copies.) I shall look forward to hearing from you.


* 38 five-star reviews on Amazon, at the last count.

2 comments:

Hervé said...

Hello Jon,

Happy New Year 2015.

First, I have to say that HoW et NoN are my favourite gamebooks.

It would be nice to write a book in which you play Van Richten (the Van Helsing of the dark ages) in the Mauristatia country with the Sepulchral Sisterhood, Fetchfen & Frostfinger or the Vampire Lords of Mortvania as the dreaded count Heydrich in Vault of the Vampire (probably the most charismatic villain I have ever see in FF).

What do you think about, Jon?

Jonathan Green said...

Hi Hervé

I would want to keep the characters involved my own, but what you're describing sounds very much like my proposed Blood War, which would effectively have been the third book in the Howl of the Werewolf/Night of the Necromancer trilogy.

More details are in YOU ARE THE HERO: http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/1909679380/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addFiveStar&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending