NEVERLAND - Here Be Monsters!

Monday, 15 November 2010

Wise words from Gav Thorpe

Gav Thorpe has some very wise words on writing on his blog today. This part particularly rang true for me:

Sometimes the best thing to do as a writer is to focus on the writing… It’s not just about hitting deadlines. Maintaining focus makes the writing process run more smoothly overall. If your head is somewhere else – like thinking about that review or worrying that someone on the internet has said something you don’t agree with – then it isn’t in the story and characters.

However, this bit didn't:

Still, the novel is well on track for the midway point next week, and I’m keeping to my (for me) leisurely schedule of 20,000 words a week after that.

A leisurely 20,000 words a week?!? I wish!

Anyway, I need to take his advice on board in particular this week. After all, this monster isn't going to write itself, you know?



No comments: