Thursday 24 March 2011

World Book Day Meme (Very Belated)

Inspired by James Swallow's example, here are my answers to the meme that was apparently doing the rounds on World Book Day.

The book I am reading: Wulfrik by C L Werner. The tale of a doomed Chaos champion and his quest to lift his gods-given curse.

The book I am writing: Time's Arrow, the eighth Ulysses Quicksilver Pax Britannia adventure. Started it this morning, in fact. We've got something a bit special planned for this one, but more on that another time.

The book I love most: Tricky. I'm never good with 'favourites' or 'Top Ten' lists because I like so many different books for so many different reasons. However, today I'm going to go with Mythago Wood by Robert Holdstock. Then again, perhaps it should be Small Gods by Terry Pratchett, or I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett (which actually made me cry right at the end*), or On Stranger Tides by Tim Powers, or Anno Dracula by Kim Newman, or Fever Crumb by Philip Reeve...

The last book I received as a gift: Dissolution by C J Sansom, given to me by Amanda Rutter of Floor to Ceiling Books in her role as book giver for World Book Night.

The last book I gave as a gift: It was four books actually. Howl of the Werewolf by Jonathan Green, Curse of the Mummy by Jonathan Green, Pax Britannia: Dark Side by Jonathan Green, and Victories of the Space Marines edited by Christian Dunn (but featuring a story by Jonathan Green). Do you see a pattern forming here? And the recipient? One Nick Sharps who won my recent forum giveaway competition.

The nearest book on my desk: Traction City by Philip Reeve, a Mortal Engines novella written especially for World Book Day.

* Big wuss that I am.

No comments: