Friday 31 December 2021

Gamebook Friday: Review of the Year - 2021

As well as being the Year of Covid19 (Part 2), for me 2021 has definitely been the Year of Dracula - Curse of the Vampire.

My sixth ACE Gamebook was originally supposed to have been published in March, but after a change of illustrator was required, it didn't actually come out until October. But at least it was out in time for Halloween. All it needs now is some more reviews on Amazon to help increase its exposure.

I'm pleased to say that Dracula - Curse of the Vampire, has already been signed up by a number of ACE Gamebooks' foreign publishers, including my German publishers Mantikore-Verlag, who have decided to go with this cover for the book.

Talking of foreign editions of ACE Gamebooks, there are now Polish translation of Alice and Oz available, as well as a German version of Oz and a Hungarian translation of 'TWAS. I have also signed contracts with another foreign language publisher, so expect to see more news on that in the New Year.


Of course, 2021 hasn't only been about Dracula - Curse of the Vampire. I have also been busy writing the seventh ACE Gamebook, RONIN 47, and there's still time to place a Late Pledge, but only just.

I'm very close to finishing the manuscript and, once I've had a chance to proofread it myself, I will be sending it out to the play-testers around mid-January.

The pin-up art for the hardback version of RONIN 47 has also started to come in, and here's the first look at Chris Weston's piece for the special collector's edition of the book.


As well as publishing another title in the ACE Gamebooks series, I have also released new content for 'TWAS - The Roleplaying Game Before Christmas

If you have yet to grab the latest supplements, you might want to make the most of the ACE Gamebooks Roleplay New Year Sale, but it's only here for a short time, so don't miss out!



In December I attended Dragonmeet 2021, my first convention in two years, the last one having been Dragonmeet 2020.

Next year I am hoping to attend the UK Games Expo again, now that it's back to its usual early summer slot. But 2022 is going to be a busy year for another reason, which might have something to do with a popular gamebook series that started back in the early 1980s...

Watch this space for more news soon.

In the meantime, here's wishing you and yours a very...

Happy New Year!


No comments: