Sunday 19 June 2016

Shakespeare Sunday: Ladies and gentlemen, for Twelfth Night only...

... introducing Mr Ed Fortune, author of The King in Yellow Stockings!

When the Duke Orsino announced, “If music be the food of love, play on, give me excess of it; that surfeiting, the appetite may sicken, and so die,” I have to admit, I laughed. Such a pompous, self-important man who loved himself above all others and could no more love another than he could love a mirror. I had been laughing at the Duke for some time, of course. The man had made rather a nuisance of himself to my lady’s court. I miss him terribly.  
Little did I understand at the time that this was no grand statement of desire, nor the pretentious squawking of some bored noble who was venting his frustration at his inability to woo my mistress Olivia. None of us knew at the time that it was a summoning, a dire call into the wild cosmos, where things beyond our ken lurked and plotted events that would lead to the demise of us all.


Ed Fortune has been telling stories since he was very small and he is now too old to stop. He writes about books, table-top games and comics for Starburst Magazine and hosts a very podcast about genre. He also happens to be an award winning games designer, which is nice. He has written for magazines as diverse as Time Out and The Fortean Times. He lives in Greater Manchester in a cave surrounded by bears and is powered by tea and chocolate hobnobs.


Ed Fortune, and some other bloke.
Ed Fortune, and some other bloke.
Shakespeare Vs Cthulhu goes on sale later this summer.

No comments: