Friday 3 June 2016

Gamebook Friday: Alice's Nightmare at the UK Games Expo

This weekend I shall be attending the UK Games Expo, promoting my crowdfunded Choose Your Path Adventure Gamebook Alice's Nightmare in Wonderland - which is up for an award in the Best RPG category of the UK Games Expo Awards - as well as giving attendees the first glimpse of what I'm going to be working on next, in a similar vein.

If you're attending, look me up at Stand A23 in NEC Hall 1.


In other Gamebook Friday news, according to LinkedIn.com, this month I am celebrated 23 years at Penguin Books. To be honest, if it hadn't been for all the messages people have been sending me celebrating me on achieving this work anniversary, I think it would have passed me by.

I haven't worked for Penguin for the last 23 years without a break, but my most recently published book is Doctor Who: Choose the Future: Night of the Kraken came out through Puffin Books (an imprint of Penguin) as did my first published book, the Fighting Fantasy Gamebook Spellbreaker, which came out in June 1993! And both books are gamebooks, of one stripe or another.

Also out this week is Fighting Fantazine #15. My work gets a few mentions, in the form a piece about Tin Man Games' Bloodbones app, and two very pleasing reviews. The firsts of these is Brett Schofield's review of Alice's Nightmare in Wonderland, and the second is James Spearing's review of Doctor Who: Choose the Future: Night of the Kraken.

You can download your own copy of Fighting Fantazine #15 for free here.


No comments: