Friday 13 July 2018

Gamebook Friday: Alice's Day 2018

Last Saturday, I visited Oxford to join in with the Alice's Day celebrations.


For anyone who doesn't already know, Alice's Day commemorates and celebrates the first time Lewis Carroll told the tale that would eventually become that classic of children's literature, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Museums, shops and libraries all over the city hold workshops, host lectures, and arrange unique displays, in a joint venture organised by The Story Museum and The Lewis Carroll Society.


I was intrigued to see what went on during Alice's Day, and also to see if my own take on Carroll's classic might have a place within future events. So you can imagine my delight when I visited Alice's Shop to find that they already had Alice's Nightmare in Wonderland in stock!


I dutifully signed the copies they had there, and posed for photos with the staff, before heading off to Christ Church College, where Lewis Carroll taught mathematics, in the guise of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.


You can see more photos from my Alice's Day in Oxford here, and you can pick up a copy of Alice's Nightmare in Wonderland here.


No comments: