Saturday 22 August 2009

Legends of the Space Marines - The Templars Return

Now that commissioning forms have been signed and sealed I can reveal that I am contributing a short story to the Warhammer 40,000 anthology Legends of the Space Marines, due to be published in May 2010.

My story is called The Relic and features the Black Templars of the Solemnus Crusade (specifically dreadnought Brother Jarold, which I know will please some people) who appeared in the Armageddon duology Crusade for Armageddon and Conquest of Armageddon.

It's been great to get back to the 40K milieu but it's also taken a while to re-discover my 40K mojo having not written for the Black Library for over four years!

The anthology features current Black Library authors, such as James Swallow and Richard Williams, returning writers like myself and C S Goto, as well as some first-time scribes.

The Space Marine chapters who will be appearing are as listed below, with their assigned authors alongside.


Black Templars - Aaron Dembski-Bowden & Jonathan Green

Dark Hunters - Paul Kearney

Doom Eagles - James Swallow

Mantis Warriors - C S Goto

Raven Guard - George Mann

Salamanders - Nick Kyme

Scythes of the Emperor - Richard Williams

Space Wolves - Ben Counter

White Scars - Mitchel Scanlon


I for one can't wait for next May!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was really impressed by Mike Lee's 'The Wolf At the Door' in the Tales of Heresy Book.

It's fantastic that the space wolves are getting some more fiction that isn't from Bill King.

I can't wait for Prospero Burns from Dan Abnett.