Thursday 25 November 2010

National Short Story Week

In case you didn't know, it's National Short Story Week at the moment. (Don't worry if you didn't know, it is the first one after all.)

I love short stories. I enjoy reading them and I particularly enjoy writing them. In fact, I've had somewhere in the region of 50 odd published over the last 15 years. As a literary form they allow you to try something new that you maybe couldn't (or wouldn't want to) sustain for the length of a novel, or even a novella.

For example, I've written stories in the third person present tense, I've told stories where events happen out of order, I've written stories that are basically a one-trick pony with a twist in the tail (tale?).

Anyway, the point of this post is to say that as it's the first National Short Story Week, and as it's one calendar month until Christmas, you can download and read one of my short stories for free. It was actually given away by Abaddon Books last Christmas and it first appeared in the back of the Pax Britannia novel Human Nature.

If you've not read it already, follow this link and you can download it for free now.

Enjoy.

No comments: