Monday 1 November 2010

NaNoWriMo - a.k.a. National Novel Writing Month

It's November, which means it's National Novel Writing Month. I haven't taken part in this writing extravaganza before because I've always had some job or other on already. However, today I am starting to write my seventh Ulysses Quicksilver novel Anno Frankenstein.

NaNoWriMo sets a very arbitrary 50,000 words in 30 days, or 1,667 words per day. To meet my deadline and overall word count, I need to aim for 3,000 words a day, and polished, final, submittable-to-my-editor words at that.

So I guess enough chat, it's time to crack on if I'm going to make my deadline today before I have to meet the guys down the pub later for our Monday night league pub quiz.

Until next time - wish me luck!




BTW - if you're planning to write your own magnum opus this month, you should check out this and this first. And good luck!

2 comments:

The Goodest Boi said...

My friend and I are both lovers of NanoWrimo and we have recently discovered your Ulysses Quicksilver works. Anno Frankenstein was an arbitrary place to start reading but certainly enjoyable!

To say that after finding out that this book was a project undertaken under the banner of NanoWrimo, it greatly encouraged us to keep writing is an understatement!

May I just say, as one Wrimo to another, please do continue and the best of luck with your future ventures!

Jonathan Green said...

Hi Kawaii-Gaijin

Glad you enjoyed Anno Frankenstein, and thanks for your words of encouragement.

Have you picked up any other Pax Britannia titles yet? Anno Frankenstein was the 7th Ulysses Quicksilver adventure and I'm currently writing the 8th - Time's Arrow.