Monday 15 November 2010

Wise words from Gav Thorpe

Gav Thorpe has some very wise words on writing on his blog today. This part particularly rang true for me:

Sometimes the best thing to do as a writer is to focus on the writing… It’s not just about hitting deadlines. Maintaining focus makes the writing process run more smoothly overall. If your head is somewhere else – like thinking about that review or worrying that someone on the internet has said something you don’t agree with – then it isn’t in the story and characters.

However, this bit didn't:

Still, the novel is well on track for the midway point next week, and I’m keeping to my (for me) leisurely schedule of 20,000 words a week after that.

A leisurely 20,000 words a week?!? I wish!

Anyway, I need to take his advice on board in particular this week. After all, this monster isn't going to write itself, you know?



No comments: