Sunday 14 October 2012

We have a winner!

Last Sunday, my sister-in-law ran her first Ultra Marathon. For those of you into the whole statistics thing, she completed the 50km course in just under 5 hours and came 63rd out of 250. (I get out of breath running for a bus, if I could ever be bothered to run for the bus in the first place.)

I don't think my sister-in-law was actually chased by zombies, but this is the only sort of running I can understand and really get behind.

Now several of you thoroughly decent people sponsored her, hoping to have your name immortalised in print. Well, the names of those who entered our little competition were put into the proverbial hat and one was pulled out. So congratulations to

Philip Thorogood!

Phil's name will be appearing in one of my stories in due course. Commiserations to those who didn't win, but thank you very much for your support and (more importantly) charitable donations. It meant that, in total, my sister-in-law made her target of £750, which after Gift Aid actually raised a whopping £882!

No comments: