Saturday 17 August 2013

Short Story Saturday: Legends

Since the official announcement was made last weekend at the Nine Worlds Geekfest 2013, I can now share the news that I am one of the writers who has contributed to Legends, an anthology of stories in honour of David Gemmell edited by Ian Whates.

My own story, Who Walks with Death, will appear alongside new original tales by the likes of Joe Abercrombie, James Barclay (with a story chronicling the origin of The Raven), Tanith Lee, Adrian Tchaikovsky (contributing a story in his Shadows of the Apt milieu), Juliet E McKenna, Stan Nicholls, Storm Constantine, Gaie Sebold and (hopefully) Tad Williams. I am quite excited about this.

The idea behind the anthology was that we create stories set in worlds of our own creation, but which keep the spirit of Gemmell's work in mind. It is being produced in conjunction with the David Gemmell Awards and will hopefully help raise some funds in support of the awards.

Legends: Stories In Honour Of David Gemmell will be launched at this year's Gemmell Award Ceremony, on the opening night of World FantasyCon in Brighton (Thursday October 31st). I'll be there. Maybe I'll see you there too.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A lot of good talent there, congratulations and well done Jonathan. I'll be adding this to my wish list.