Sunday 3 December 2017

Dragonmeet 2017

On Saturday I was at Dragonmeet 2017 in London. Dragonmeet is one of those fixtures in my con calendar that I always look forward to* partly because it's such a sociable convention.

It was great to catch up with a number of people I had seen in a while, including James Wallis - who was launching Alas Vegas at Dragonmeet - John Dodd, Pookie, Brian Edwards, Richard Williams (and his wife Fiona), Matt Zitron, Jonny Nexus and Magnus Anderson, as well as those who I see more regularly, such as Colin Oaten, Steven Dean and Gary Loveridge. And then there were those people who I met for the first (or second) time, including Kickstarter backers Rene Batsford, Simon Smith, and Steve Britton, who presented me with an exquisite miniature he had made to thank me for writing the YOU ARE THE HERO books!


The level of detail in Steve's miniature is astonishing!

My stand was sandwiched between Ian Livingstone's - who gave a talk and did a signing with Steve Jackson - and Fox Yason Audio, producers of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain audio drama.

Fox Yason Audio

Ian Livingstone at Dragonmeet 2017

Steve Jackson signing at Dragonmeet 2017

My best-seller of the day was my ACE Gamebook The Wicked Wizard of Oz. I was kept busy all day, which is much better than being bored, but I did manage to have a quick scooch round and pick up a few choice items myself, including a bit of Christmas shopping.

Dragonmeet 2017 stash

And look what was waiting for me when I got home...



* Along with the UK Games Expo.

No comments: