Wednesday 12 October 2022

Warhammer Wednesday: Empire at War

Empire at War is the latest Warhammer Chronicles omnibus to be published by the Black Library.

Here's the blurb from the back cover:

The Empire is the largest and most powerful realm in the Old World. Founded by the warrior-god Sigmar, it is built up of city-states and provinces that are now bound together under the rule of the Emperor Karl Franz. Only through the actions of its valiant heroes has it repelled the numerous invasions brought against it. And in the far north stands Kislev, one of the Empire’s staunchest allies and the first bastion against the rampaging Chaos hordes beyond…

This omnibus edition collects together three tales of heroism and sacrifice focusing on the dour but courageous Winged Lancers of Kislev, the doughty rank and file of the Imperial halberdiers and the pious warrior-priests of the Sigmarite faith. Also included are an array of short stories focusing on the many fighters of the Empire.

As well as featuring novels by Dan Abnett, Nick Kyme and Darius Hinks, Empire at War also includes a reprint of a short story of my own featuring the Kislevite mercenaries known as Badenov's Band, who were the stars of my first published novel The Dead and the Damned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I was looking at a list of Fighting Fantasy books to see which ones I need to add to my collection and clicked on a link to your Wikipedia page. I saw that today is your birthday so I thought I'd wish you a good one. How do you feel? 51 is such a non-event. I know since I just had mine less than two weeks ago. So, we were born less than two weeks apart, we both like fantasy and my son is named Jonathan...how is it that we haven't already bumped into each other? We have so much in common. Don't worry, I'm not trying to stalk you or anything, just wishing you a happy birthday.
Stephen Coney, Orebić Croatia