Saturday 16 April 2011

Mission: Games Workshop - Salisbury

Having written on and off for first Games Workshop and then the Black Library for the best part of seventeen years* I've visited a fair number of Games Workshop stores up and down the country, as well as as far afield as Holland and Australia, but I've always been a little shy about introducing myself and admitting to the staff that I'm a published BL author. But all that is going to change, as of today!

Following the example set by other BL authors, such as James Swallow and Richard Williams, I am going to continue to visit GW stores in every town I visit (if at all humanly possible) and simply introduce myself. And I started today in Salisbury.


So thanks to Matt and Anthony for making me so welcome and taking the time to talk about everything from Space Marine Battles books and the Horus Heresy to Hammer & Bolter and Warhammer fiction. And, guys, if you're reading this, I'll see what I can do.**

Whilst in store I also made an unexpected but very welcome discovery, but more about that another time. And who knows where I might end up next? If you're a GW store manager, it could be your store. You have been warned!


* Crikey! Is it really that long?

** Nudge-nudge, wink-wink!

No comments: